One of the common errors that are encountered by the user of Mac Outlook 2016 is Error code 3253 displaying the error message “Connection to the Server failed or was dropped”. This error will restrict Mac Outlook user from sending email but is able to receive email. It will occur suddenly without giving any warning.
What is Error Code 3253?
The Error 3253 signifies the failure of the connection to the server that creates problem to the users sending emails. The possible reasons for the occurrence of the error are:
- Large size of the sent email folder
- Incorrect information for the setup of Outlook account to Internet email account
- Outlook for the Mac system gets corrupted
Methods to Resolve the Error Code 3253-
In the first step find out the type of email account setup in Mac Outlook 2016 that can be POP3, IMAP, Exchange Active Sync (EAS) or MS Exchange. To check the type of email account, go to File >> Info >> Account Settings and check the drop down list option. EAS account can be Hotmail.com, Live.com or Outlook.com account.
In next step, we can set up the email account in a new profile in Outlook 2016 using the steps defined below:
- Go to Applications Folder using Finder
- Right-click MS Outlook and click on Show Package Contents
- Go to Contents >> Shared Support and go to Outlook Profile Manager, double-click on it.
- Click on Create a new profile button and enter the name of the new profile.
In the last step, we will set up the email account in the new Outlook profile created using the steps:
- Select Add account option in the setup page
- Choose the desired account type to add among the options: Exchange/Office 365 or Other Email (IMAP/POP)
- Enter the detailed information needed for account and click on Add Account
- Click on Accounts option under Tools Tab to add more email accounts
1. Add an Exchange Account
For this, click on Add option present at bottom left corner, select Exchange and enter the information related to Exchange account. The user can configure the account automatically by selecting Configure automatically option and click on Add account.
2. Add an IMAP or POP account
Select Other Email option after clicking on Add, enter the account details and click on Add account.
If the user cannot configure the account automatically, we can type the information manually.
- For adding online email accounts such as Google, contact your internet service provider to get account related information (IMAP or POP account type) and address of the mail server.
- For adding MS accounts such as outlook.com enter the information below: